Monday, January 1, 2018 / by Hunter Habib
Greetings, Neighbors and Happy New Year! Welcome to 2018 and what a year it will be!
Now that the holidays are over, we’re going to see an influx of new properties on the market as we do every year at this time. You may even be thinking about listing your property for sale in January as well. If you are, it is very helpful to understand the market conditions that we’ll see in January. Along with the influx of new properties coming into the market, we will also see a large drop due to expired listings leaving the market as of January 1, 2018. Typically, the amount on properties that expire at this time is anywhere from 500 to 1,000 properties. So, we will see a great deal of activity right at the start of January.
For those homeowners wishing to list in early January, pricing your property accurately will be one of the most critical steps you can take towards getting a solid offer. With all the new properties coming on the market at this time combined with the current new home construction communities available, the competition will be fierce right off the bat! Homeowners listing in early January cannot afford to chase the market with pricing, as buyers and buyers’ agents will simply pass on overpriced properties without a second glance. For the seller, this wastes precious marketing time, for by the time the price is lowered to fair market value, the interest is gone. Additionally, a good buyer’s agent will never accept a listing that is overpriced for these same reasons; sellers should avoid any agent that would agree to that, as that agent does not have the seller’s best interest in mind.
For buyers, there is no need to worry about the upcoming expired listings leaving the market, as there will be many more new listings in January 2018. Buyers will have many choices and options to select from among both resale homes and new construction. A word about new construction though – if you’re a buyer interested in a new construction home, please be sure to bring your real estate agent with you! It does not cost you a single penny, as the builder/developer pays your agent’s commission! However, there is a HUGE benefit to having an agent on your side, as everything is negotiable including upgrades, landscape packages and everything in between. Don’t leave money on the table by not having your agent in tow when you visit new construction model homes!
The bottom line is this: early 2018 will bring new properties into the market as well as eliminate some too. Either way, the market is poised to be very active in quarter one of 2018, especially for those properties priced right – they will not remain on the market long!
No matter what your 2018 real estate goals are, our team can help you make it happen with the best possible outcome! Here is a handy list of unique sales tools we provide our buying and selling clients. Whether buying or selling, our tools are PROVEN to help you get the most from your transaction!
· We now have a NEW page for absorption rates which is updated monthly! Visit HERE to check it out
· Detailed Market Analysis – Get active, pending, and all sold properties near your home or within your community within the past six months, as well as average sale price and the average days on market and more right HERE!
· New Streamlined Communications System – Our client resources and tools now reside on a dedicated server, making your experience faster and more convenient than ever! No other real estate team in Southwest Florida has the technical tools we have dedicated to serve you!
· Monthly Market Report. Let us present you with the most accurate data about your neighborhood including closed and active home sales.
· Property Value Calculator. Not sure what your carrying costs will be? Check out our Property Value Calculator to find out how much carrying costs will impact your selling price.
· Website Online Chat. Chat with our team in real time to get your questions answered now!
· Elite Seller Feedback System – Take advantage of my sophisticated and exclusive system that provides valuable feedback from your showings via email, so you know what buyers are thinking.
· Interactive Home Illustration - Give buyers what they want to see with professional images and videos of your home!
· Superior Marketing Plan - Our marketing plan is unlike all others in this market! It will maximize exposure and get top dollar for your home.
· Updated Easy-to-read eMail Template - You’ll be able to review our messages and quickly access such as our featured listings, market reports, and quick links to various communities and all of our exclusive market tools!
Let us help guide you through the new year’s current market conditions and assist in making the best decisions for the purchase or sale of your Southwest Florida property!
D. Michael Burke, P.A.
Keller Williams Elite Realty
26381 S. Tamiami Trail, Suite 300
Bonita Springs, FL 34134